is a blog about my life in Finland after the exchange year in Taiwan, and how it is like to live in one country, remember another and love them both.

torstai 25. elokuuta 2011

Finding back my life

When I was in Taiwan, I had a life, that was completely new and totally different. It was also almost completely separated from my old life in Finland. It's like I lived the life of a completely different person, who happens to be very much like me.

But Taiwan was the life of Zhenzhu, the other Reetta, and now I am back to my old life again, with my family, my studies, my friends. It was really hard to think how it would feel like to be back again, maybe the same, maybe different, maybe my friends don't remember me anymore, maybe they all missed me really bad? I was a little afraid, even. When I came back, and saw everyone, it feels mostly like I had never even been away. That the whole year was just a dream, and I was with all these people just yesterday.

And yet the whole year was so true, and there are so many memories, people and experiences in my heart, that can never be truly understood by these people, that took me back like I was the same me. It's also a relief, no one has forgotten me, I haven't lost anything, only gained more.

And this is the story my blog wants to tell: How it is to live my old life again, and how is Taiwan now part of it. It is in english, because I want my friends from both of these lives to understand me. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti